About Me

My photo
I am in love with Shaffer(my fiance) and we have been together for almost 5 years. I love to hang with my friends and just act crazy. I love being surrounded by wonderful family and friends.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

C4T #4 Summary- Jen Deyenberg

For this C4T I was assigned to read and comment on Ms. Jen Deyenberg Blog entitled "Trails Optional". The first of her post that I read was entitled Not for Your Edutainment- Great Online Educational Games which was about her wanting games that were challenging for students and not just a memorization game. She states that if the students just memorize the information, then they are not really learning and I have to agree. I think that too often students are given information to memorize and then tested on their memorization of the material and not what they really learned. The students do not learn this way and in this post Ms. Deyenberg gives some great links to find games that are challenging for students.


In the nest post I read entitled UK Microsoft Innovative Educators Forum- UKIEF #10. In this post she tells of her being at a conference and all of the great educational technological tools that she is seeing and is sharing them with everyone. Some of the tools sound really great and interesting like: Free Rice, Games for Change, and One Note. These are all to help educators help their students succeed and become more technologically advanced. She share these and many more great tools and stories on her blog so please feel free to stop by and look around. Just click Trails Optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment